I was watching public broadcasting this morning, and of course they’re getting into the spirit of the game too. They had a chef making these, and they look AMAZING. I’m thinking about making a bunch of them and freezing them for later too!
Here’s the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 pound beef
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 pound pepper jack cheese, shredded.
- 3 eggs
- 2 sheets puff pastry dough
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Saute onions in olive oil; then add beef and brown. Add diced red bell peppers and chicken stock to deglaze the pan.
- Add bread crumbs and remove from heat; then add cheese.
- Beat eggs to create egg wash.
- Cut out circles into puff pastry dough using a small circular bowl.
- Fill the middle of circles with beef filling. Fold the empanada in half and seal, using a pastry brush and egg wash as glue. Crimp at the edge with a fork and brush top of empanada with egg wash.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Recipe is compliments of http://www.katiebrown.com